Tuesday, October 07, 2003

i am 18 going on 19..lalala..

so this is my final day as an 18-year-old. of course, tomorrow, i will only be a day older than today, but i doubt that's how im gonna feel come tomrorow morning. 19 just seems like such a big number, don't it?

anyhow, usually come this time of the year, i reflect back on the past year of my life and wonder how the heck i could've gotten to this point so quickly. i usually think back on all the major events, all the tears, all the laughs, all the new friends, all the old buds, etc etc etc.

but hey, how about we switch it up this year? cuz forreal, what's the point of looking back? for me, at least, whenever i reminisce about the past, it only makes me homesick and teary-eyed, and forreal, "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened," right? and plus, who said anything's really over?

so this year, i'd just like to share some of my thoughts about the upcoming year, not the year that's quickly fleeting. my first year away from home is packed with expectations. i expect to grow even closer to the Big Guy through prayer meetings, fellowship, and personal devotions. i expect to grow closer to my family back at home and learn to never take them for granted. i expect to become even better friends with my buddies, no matter where they may be. i expect to continue studying hard, cuz when the going gets tough, the tough get going, right? i expect to continue seeking a direction for my life through prayer. i expect to learn to be more patient. i expect to continue to surrender each day of my life to He who deserves my every act of worship.

wow, my first birthday away from home. instead of spending time with all my closest friends at a party like my past birthdays, im probably gonna be talking to peter when the clock strikes 12 tonight, which is always entertaining, to say the least. hehe so once again, im gonna raise a toast. here's to more awesome memories in my final year as a teen. *raises glass*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home