Saturday, April 17, 2004

what will you remember?

our memory is a funny thing, isn't it?

how is it that i can forget yesterday's homework assignment and yet remember exactly how i met each of my closest friends?

why is it that i can forget important deadlines and yet remember the smallest details of my childhood?

so, i ask you this: what's the secret? how do we determine which events log deep into your memory and which are merely fleeting incidents that will soon be forgotten?

ten years from now, i won't remember how i spent all week studying for my 2nd midterm in my government class that i took 2nd semester freshman year. i won't remember how i would always stay up on sunday nights working on BS assignments for BS business classes.

let me tell you what i will remember. i'll always cherish the late-night parades to taco cabana and kerbey lane. i'll always cherish how each person working the night shift at san jac knew me by face. i'll always cherish the fact that i had more than one place where i could lay my head down to sleep at night. i'll always cherish people's willingness to play ball together even after a sleepless night. i'll always cherish all the opportunities i got to simply hang out with friends and enjoy their fellowship.

this list can seriously go on forever..

this is the list that never ends..
it just goes on and on my friends..
some people started listing it not knowing what it was..


anyways, you get my drift. it's not as eloquent or well-expressed as i had hoped, but hey, give me a break. it's freakin' 8:15 in the morning. i never wake up this early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home