Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sophomore Year Reflections I

how time flies, whaddya know, it's summer again. college has a bad habit of just flying by me, so in an effort to retain what little memory my feeble mind has left of this past year, i've decided to complete the (in)famous END OF YEAR surveys on timmy chui's aim profile.

as we all know, we as college students have very short attention spans. i'm pretty sure this applies to both the reader, you, and the writer, me. so as you can see, this is only part I of the series. i suppose each post will go for as long as i'm awake and not bored. so if you don't care about my life, then go away, and let me write in my journal in peace, so that i can look back on these posts 5 years down the line and laugh and cry by myself in a corner. sigh. how time flies.

1) What is your most memorable moment (something positive, then something negative)?

i've sat here for 10 minutes trying to narrow all my options down. this is turning out to be harder than i thought.

i suppose the most positive memorable moment out of the entire year must have been the birthday thing that got thrown for me. i knew something was planned, but you guys seriously blew me away. i realized how incredibly blessed i really am, and the whole experience amost made me forget how old i was turning. the big 2-0. man, what a night. you guys rock my world.


negative moment? i think it's safe to say that living in my dorm room was pretty nasty. no, i take that back. it was crazy nasty. the dripping faucet, mixed in with the crawfish/potato/watermelon smell. yuck. gross.

2) What was your most exciting moment?

at the beginning of the year, i was so excited about leading a small group. what a good group of guys. throughout the year, i would have to say that small group sometimes became my only motivation to do anything -- somehow i just stopped caring too much about other stuff. i guess on a personal note to my guys, if any of them happen to read this, i could care less if you don't remember anything from the bible study, since i know most of you grew up in church. i hope you got to know both me and koller and the rest of the guys on a personal level, to a point where you would feel comfortable coming to any of us for help or encouragement. if not, then i failed. but don't tell me. because i'll be sad.

anyways, i'm sorry we didn't finish out the year as strong as we had hoped, but koller and i promise to take you guys out to either kyoto's or sullivan's at the beginning of next school year (is it too early to talk about that already?). our treat. thanks for an awesome year. and ivan, you better run and hide, because i'm gonna shave your legs at recweek.

3) What were your happiest and saddest moments?

on my last one-on-one of the year (sorry i didn't meet up with you guys enough), i got to sit down with ray and just talk about stuff. ray's a cool kid. it was during our conversation that i just realized how much God's been working this year, right under my nose. just seeing how much ray had learned and grown spiritually during the year amazed me. he went from pretty much not knowing anything about the gospel to a guy who had become passionate in pursuing God, through prayer, quiet times, and even reading the bible. this realization, by itself, made my whole year worth it. God is good, amen?

i'd have to say that my saddest moment was senior farewell. it was fun doing the whole musical thing for them, but i'll be darned if they didn't deserve so much more. i think it was finally then that it just hit me. man, these people aren't gonna be here next year. that's so weird, isn't it? i know everybody hates saying goodbye, but i guess i'm glad that it could end on a high note.


okay i think that's enough for one sitting. more to come later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home