Friday, October 04, 2002

busy week..

on thursday:
i was driving along austin parkway, kinda daydreaming, and it was almost 6 and i wanted to go to clements to eat dinner w/ my ex-orchestra people. i look up, and i see a cop parked on the right side of the road about 50 feet ahead of me!! i was like, OH CRAP!! i looked down at my speedometer and it was at about 50, so i hurriedly pressed on the brake pedal until i was cruising along at a snail's pace of 30 mph. to my HORROR, the cop car pulled behind me. after the next stop sign, the siren went on, and the lights started going berserk..it was so scary!! i pulled over, and he walked up to my window and asked for my license and insurance. i was like..oh crap..and then he asked me where i was going. i looked down, and the sight of my communist-red hospital volunteer shirt gave me a little shimmer of hope. i told him that i had just got off from the hospital (which was TRUE) and i hadda hurry to get home before 6 (not so true, but i hadda give it a try). i made sure to emphasize the fact that i was a HOSPITAL VOLUNTEER, but unfortunately, he took both my license and insurance and muttered "i'll be right back." after a few minutes, with my heart pounding at a thousand beats a minute, he came back, and he said "i clocked you going 51 in a 35 mph speed zone. i'll give you a verbal warning this time, but don't do it again." oh man!! i was so happy!! i must have said "thank you" about 20 times and then "i'm sorry" every other second. then he said "have a nice day" and went back to his car.

woohoo!! i love cops!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home