Sunday, December 15, 2002

i am sorry, God, for i have..
been proud of my talents when You've told me to be humble;
mumbled hundreds of lies when the Bible teaches to be honest;
ignored Your requests for my time when You've asked me to be faithful;
been maerialistic when You've informed me that it all withers away;
neglected those in need of comfort when i should have showed compassion;
tried to keep my sins a secret when You've commanded that i confess;
taken my blessings for granted when You've wished for me to be thankful;
sealed my mouth during times when it was perfect timing to share my faith;
become overcome with anger when You've requested that i have patience;
held grudges against people when You've stressed forgiveness;
bubbled over with hatred when You've focused Your life on loving Your enemies;
doubted Your intentions when You've wanted me to trust Your almighty plan;
been a stumblign block to others when i ought to have built others up;
been obsessed with the world when You've deserved my whole-hearted worship;
been self-centered when i have claimed my life to be Christ-centered;

i plead guilty to all these charges,
but i hope to start everything anew;
no longer will i live for the world,
for it is due time to start living for You.


all of You is more than enough for all of me..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home