Monday, February 24, 2003

man..this entire year is going by so fast..
i cant believe i only have 2 6-weeks left as a high school student..
how scary is that?
i mean..even TODAY went by really quickly. TODAY. A MONDAY!! *sigh* monday's usually drag along..
blah..i still remember the first day of school this year -- the sudden realization that i was among the oldest in the school.
heck, i remember my very FIRST first day of school..
where did all the time go?!

i miss elementary school..a time where immaturity was accepted..a time where i ruled the playground..
i miss recess..
i miss playing basketball against my PE coach..
i miss playing soccer..
i miss owning up in spelling bees..
i miss only having 2 classes..
i miss having super duper nice teachers..

i miss middle school..a time where i really got to know some close friends..a time where basketball was everything..
i miss going to chicago with the orchestra..
i miss being angry at getting a 95 on a report card..
i miss open gym after school..

and lo and behold, i am now in high school -- my final semester in high school, as a matter of fact.
luckily for me, my maturity level has barely increased at all since elementary school, which keeps my life interesting..
luckily for me, i now have 6 family members living with me, which livens up the atmosphere at home..
luckily for me, i know i have close friends who will always be there for me, which reassures me that there is such a thing as "friends forever"..
luckily for me, i have the best girlfriend in the world, which gives me even more motivation to get out of bed every morning..
luckily for me, i have God as the foundation of my life, which keeps my world secure..

*sigh* heres a message to my future, no matter how big, intimidating, and scary it may be: bring it on, chump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home