Wednesday, March 05, 2003

man..you know what i just realized?
how unbelievably "americanized" i am.

i just drove my aunt (who arrived here from hong kong last week) to my cousin's house, and even though we're blood-related, i felt so..completely different.
sure, i mustered enough cantonese skills together to carry on a conversation with her, but i mean, we were basically opposites of each other.

she was born and raised in hong kong and only knows how to speak canton.
i was born and raised in the US and mainly speak only english.

*sigh* oh well, im just proud of the fact that she understood the words that were coming out of my mouth =P
cuz man..its SO hard to just speak canton..lol.
im so used to like, speaking in chinglish..
half the sentence in canton and the other half in english..but since i was talking to my aunt, she would only understand half the sentence..
hehe so i hadda make sure to catch myself before i said "like" and "stuff" and "he" etc etc etc..

ah well. my canton still kicks butt ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home