Saturday, August 16, 2003

mock my beans

an overwhelming sense of nostalgia swept over me yesterday as i saw some of the people from hcc that i used to hang with back in elementary school. dunno if any of you still remember this jack-in-the-box commercial that aired about 7 years ago. i don't really remember any of the details of the commercial, just jack ending everything with the line "mock my beans." well ever since then, i guess those hcc kids haven't forgotten it, and they still yelled it out yesterday when they saw me. haha just reminiscing of stuff back at hcc, like playing ball outside in the blistering heat after sunday service, or crowding into pastor fred tow's office with a couple of my buds to trade basketball cards (hehe i even remember being willing to trade ANY card for sam cassell, my favoritest player in the world back then =P ), and even discovery camp. man, we go way back, and just to see how much they've changed (and how much they really haven't) is just so awesome.

speaking of AWESOME, you know who else is awesome?? God! hehe believe it or not, this past week of almost constant smiling has left my face kinda sore. but it feels SO good. it's been so encouraging to read and hear what other people have to say about how God has been working in their lives as well. it's an even more incredible feeling to realize that this is just the BEGINNING. camp and its immediate after-effects are just the start of something even more grand, even MORE AWESOME. im anxious to see what college has to offer. sure, it may take a bit of time to get used to everything, but im sure God won't let me down, cause he's faithful like that. =)

anyhooo, my cousins are back!! and my grandma too!! bam, just another answered prayer; they arrived in houston yesterday on schedule, which is pretty amazing cuz they hadda make a stop at newark airport, and yeah, with that whole blackout thing i was pretty sure the flight would get delayed. but praise God! from just one night, i think my canton has already improved =P

ah, 1 week. college. i'll take this as my leap of faith. catch me, Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home