Wednesday, August 13, 2003

why do people work out?

since returning home from camp, i have yet to pick up a single dumbbell. for me, this feeling is kinda weird cuz for the entire summer, i have basically been working out every day. but for some reason, i have seemingly lost all motivation to work out. i seriously don't understand. why exactly do people work out?

discussed this with some people, and xiao said something to the effect of "to look good for other people." man, how true. but, at the same time, what a terrible reason. i guess that was my motivation before, but searching for a better answer, i asked simon. mr. yau, after pondering for a bit, answered with "i wanna be strong so i can protect myself.." as you could have guessed, neither xiao or myself could refrain from laughing after hearing this. but i guess his answer is a lot more legitimate and reasonable than xiao's, so i gotta give him credit for that. but i still need some sorta inspiring motivation. i don't just wanna work out just so other people can see me or just so eh..i can "protect" myself from bad guys. and plus, the only person who's gonna see me without a shirt on for the next year or so is probably gonna be peter, so thats no good either. don't wanna cause him to stumble or anything =P. i guess phil's reply was the best i could get: philphil789: cuz u wanna beat me in arm wrestling.

oh well, at least for now, ive lost all motivation to work out. maybe later when im at UT with nothing to do, i'll start pumping that iron again. but as for now, someone please enlighten me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home