Saturday, October 09, 2004

smiling through the wrinkles

i've said it once, and i'll say it again -- i have the best friends in the world.

thanks so much to everyone who wished me a happy birthday, gave me bday licks, got me a card, made a video for me, or took part in the "surprise" party tonight. i didn't deserve all that, but if anything, i came away with a renewed appreciation of God's overflowing love for me. i truly cherish each of our friendships, and i can only pray that i will be able to live up to all the love that i felt tonight.


and thank you God for helping me keep all of my tears in. or at least for hiding the few that got squeezed out in the dark.

You are

You are the love of my life
You are the hope that i cling to
You mean more than this world to me

i wouldn't trade You for silver or gold
i wouldn't trade You for riches untold
You are, You are my everything

God, thank you for being with me these past 20 years. please continue to mold and transform me in the years to come. You will always be my everything.

thank you, God, for providing me with amazing friends..

..and thank you, friends, for being loving examples of men and women following after an amazing God.


my face is still sticky and there's still cream up my nose, but it's all good. thanks again, chums -- this is a birthday that i will never forget =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home