Thursday, December 21, 2006

the gmat

standardized tests used to be my thing.

the gmat itself wasn't tough -- the toughest part was just getting there.

got home yesterday pretty late due to "yay for friends" celebrations, so I decided it was probably time to check what time I had to take the test this morning.

the confirmation email said 8am. I looked at my cell phone. it read 3am. spectacular.

I had originally planned to do a few activities yesterday night, most notably a practice test and a shower, but why do today what you can leave for 7am in the morning, right? is that how the saying goes?

so I power-nap for 4 hours, jump in the shower for a quick run-through, and check my email again to discover the location of this testing center. then I notice that there's this little note that says I should arrive half an hour before the test is supposed to begin. I looked at my cell phone. it read 7:30. spectacular.

I google-map the directions. the time estimate of the drive says 23 minutes, 7 minutes to spare! spectacular.

so i get in the car, with my laptop buckled into the passenger seat, and speed off -- 1/2 the time with my eyes on the road, 1/2 the time looking at the directions, and 1/2 the time doing some practice problems off the screen. I'm pretty sure those percentages add up. 30 minutes later, I'm there! spectacular.

oh, and the gmat itself wasn't tough -- the toughest part was just getting there.

and here's the standard picture to fulfill my quota.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home