Thursday, September 25, 2003

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETER!!

so today, the older guy in the old guy room turns 19. can you believe it?? peter? 19? i can't.

i still find it amazing how close i've grown to this old guy. i didn't really get to know him until the summer before our senior year in high school, at camp challenge. my first memory with him? on the last night of camp, i went over to his bed with a marker in hand and mischief on my mind. i started to write "Jesus loves you" on his arm, when all of a sudden, his eyes popped open, his body jolted forward, and he growled "THAT'S IT MOK. I'M GONNA GET YOU!" my natural, manly reaction? i shrieked and jumped into my bed, into the safety of my sleeping bag.

thank God He accepted Christ at camp because it was during the school year, when he became a JPG, when i really got to know him. i'll never forget that one night at a discipleship group meeting when we were discussing roommate assignments for UT. it just so happened that everyone was paired up except me and peter. so johnny basically assigned us as roommates. at that moment, i was pretty mad, cuz truth be told, peter was just a bit too flammable for me =P but it's amazing how things change with time, isn't it? he sure has matured..spiritually speaking, of course.

so here i am, sitting just a few feet away from peter, wondering how the heck he could possibly be older than me.

peter's final picture as an 18-year-old:


peter's 1st picture as a 19-year-old:


here's to you, bro. *raises glass*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home