Monday, September 01, 2003

I still believe in Your faithfulness...

back home from the canton retreat. it's weird, the 2nd round of goodbyes was harder than the 1st, maybe cuz this time its gonna be more than a little week before i come back. just some memories from the retreat:

- getting a slight beater tan from playing ball
- watching "left behind"
- "shermy" the hermit crab
- swinging isabel around
- countless piggyback rides
- camp videos
- 2104 for "siew yeh"
- learning the asian squat
- endless freeloading :)
- sunday's sermon
- trying to steal gummy bears from golden corral
- trying to get balloon hats to steal gummy bears from golden corral
- getting sick of eating gummy bears at golden corral
- bumming a ride back to del lago
- watching 3 guys swim at the beach
- going duck-hunting
- making duck noises
- watching "lord of the rings: 2 towers"
- FINALLY getting my long-awaited donut peach =P
- watching "my big fat greek wedding"
- saying my "goodbye's"..again. i mean, my "cya-later's"

truth be told, i didnt really go to the retreat hoping to get something out of it. i went basically to have fun, say one last "cya later," and cuz the rest of my family was going. but God still managed to teach me something, even when i least expected it. through watching/discussing the movie "left behind" and listening to the message on sunday morning, it really hit me how important it is to share Jesus with those i care about. i guess with me going back up to UT, the biggest school in the country, this is the perfect opportunity for me to really take witnessing to others about my faith seriously. ive been singing the song "one thing" for a while now, especially the chorus that goes "all of life comes down to just one thing, and that's to know you oh Jesus, and make You known." kinda surprising, but i never really noticed the last part of that chorus. now is as good a time as any to really focus on making Him known.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home