Thursday, October 23, 2003

Draw Me Close to You

Draw me close to You
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear You say that I'm Your friend
You are my desire
No one else will do
'Cause nothing else could take Your place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to You

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near


i hate when life begins to seem like a routine. lately ive been in a bit of a rut i guess you could say. i just don't really feel like myself -- not sure what the reason is. i've been doing QTs and everything, but somehow, deep down inside, it still leaves me feeling empty and wondering what's missing. then, i flipped through Rick Warren's book again and fell upon chapter 14: When God Seems Distant.

i read through it again, and man, what an awesome encouragement. it just reminded me that "in [my] relationship with God, [I] won't always feel close to him." but then of course, it's not about emotions, or feelings, or anything like that. it's about faith. i know that He's here with me, even when i don't necessarily feel His presence.

mk 2 midterms tomorrow. Philippians 4:13...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home