Sunday, October 19, 2003

not my will but Your will be done

so today peter and i couldn't find a ride to church. big bummer, but i've learned my lesson: gotta go down to the beach at 9:45 AM instead of 10:05 AM to bum a ride to ACC. after eating breakfast at jcl, peter and i decided to download a sermon for sunday service in our dorm room. so we go to the fbcc high school fellowship website to look for one of john lin's messages, but unfortunately, there were none to be found. so we downloaded one of pastor ed's messages on worship, but there was no video to go with it. so finally peter finds some sermon with both audio AND video, and sunday service begins.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD . As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
- Isaiah 55:8-9

this is a passage that the pastor shared during his message, and it has definitely been an answer to my prayers. lately ive been somewhat concerned about various issues concerning my future. i've had a lot of questions in my mind as to why certain things were playing out as they were. but what an awesome reminder this passage is.

i may not have all the answers to all of the questions in my mind, but at the same time, i don't need to. God has a reason behind everything, and no matter what i may consider a better option, He always knows what He's doing.

along the same lines, i just remembered about this card that i've kept in my wallet since the Atlanta mission trip this summer. before the trip, everyone on the missions team received a small card and a stone. on the back of the card was written "keep this stone in your pocket & remember that God is worthy and in control!"

well, i lost the stone on that same day in the car ride, but i've kept the card:


yep, that's right.

Relax, God's in charge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home