Sunday, November 16, 2003

the dangers of the P-word

wrinkly clothes. is there anything more annoying? well, maybe so, but it is definitely up at the top of the "most annoying" list. as for me, im pretty used to wrinkly clothes by now. whenever i try to do the laundry, it's pretty much the same routine over and over.

i look at my laundry basket filled with an unbelievable pile of dirty clothes. i take the basket to the laundry room and dump it all into a washing machine. i then leave the room and tell myself to remember to come back in 1/2 an hour to get my clothes.

30 minutes later, i remember that my laundry is ready, but then again, laundry can always wait, right? right. so i wait until it's most convenient for me to go back to the laundry room, which is usually anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half later.

i finally pull my clothes out of the washing machine, and to my dismay, they are already quite wrinkled. i shrug and dump them into the drying machine and tell myself to remember to come back in 1 hour to get my clothes.

60 minutes later, i remember that my laundry is ready, but then again, laundry can always wait, right? right. so i wait until it's most convenient for me to go back to the laundry room, which is usually anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half later.

i finally pull my clothes out of the drying machine, and to my dismay, they are now even more wrinkled than before. i shrug and dump them into my laundry basket and trudge back to my room.

i dump the clothes onto my bed and consider folding them. after about 5 seconds, i decide against it and go back to what i was doing before i decided to do laundry.

hours later, i decide to fold my clothes, and to my dismay, they are now terribly wrinkled.

i think "procrastination" is a word each of us know all too well. we've all grown so accustomed to putting things off until the last minute that at times, it may seem ridiculous to NOT procrastinate. unfortunately for us procrastinators, procrastination is perhaps the worst habit known to mankind.

obviously, the best way to avoid wrinkly clothes is to not procrastinate when it comes time to washing, drying, and folding the laundry. also as obvious is the fact that wrinkly clothes really isn't the end of the world, so who cares? as procrastination becomes more and more of a habit, it soon causes more than just wrinkles in your clothes -- procrastination brings wrinkles to your life.

abraham lincoln once said, "leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today." broken friendships. much-needed apologies. once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. there are some things in life that simply can't be put off.

don't let the biggest regret of your life become something that ends with "..because i procrastinated"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home