Monday, March 08, 2004

my GREATEST fear

i left out my greatest fear a couple of days ago -- the fear of not knowing what to do with my life.

it feels weird being here at UT sometimes. i look around me, and it seems like i am the only one who doesn't know which company i'm gonna be working for in 5 years.

is it just me? am i the sole person who feels guilty for not having any definite plan in mind?

as you may know, i am currently a student in the business honors program. how did i get here? im not sure. what am i doing here? i have yet to find out.

simply put, i chose business because i hate math and science. it's simply that simple. now, with a semester and a half under my belt, i am just as confused as when i first set foot on campus. what exactly IS business? is this what i want to do?

i mean, i just sat through an entire hour and a half of ba102H class listening to a lecture about how to "dress to impress," followed by a short "fashion show" put on by the peer mentors. i listened attentively and applauded when necessary, but in the back of my mind, i couldn't help but wonder what i was doing there.

so far, all i know about business is that contrary to sprite's motto, image is EVERYTHING. as long as you look like you want the job, dress nice, and appear confident, you are set. is it really that easy? and is it really that superficial?

God, show me a direction -- i will follow your lead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home