Friday, June 04, 2004

OH, i get it now

i now know why a visit to china can be so dangerous to one's body. THE FOOD IS SO FREAKIN' GOOD. and cheap.

so yesterday, my family followed my uncle to work at his factory in china. he gave us a tour of the entire place, and i must say, i never knew making model toy cars took so much work.

after a deliciously cheap lunch, we stopped by some massage place. i got a 2-hour full-body massage for about $4.50. did you hear that? let me say it again. i got a 2-hour full-body massage for about $4.50. it was awesome. that alone made the entire trip to china worth it.

so after every inch of my body was nice and relaxed, my family decided to do a little shopping. we bought 25 dvds for $34. amazing.

the last memory that i will have of china is an interesting incident at mcdonald's. me and my brother were trying to order food. my brother's mandarin was better than mine, but that's not saying much. i just kept pointing at the menu and my brother would just say a few butchered mandarin phrases. it was great. i'm not sure if the girl working there was more amused or confused, but it's alright. bunch of laughs all around, and in the end, she pretty much got the order right.

i guess this all shows that i need to learn mandarin. or..i mean, everyone needs to learn english. yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home