Sunday, July 03, 2005

carpenter4lyfe

so my new shoes came in the mail the other day, and i was sitting up one night, i looked around my room and saw several pairs of shoes with no place to stay -- quite a predicament. it was about 1:30 in the morning, but i went over to my brother's adjacent room, slid open the door, and his sleepy eyes peered up at me.

me: so, what are you doing?
jason: ..uh, about to go to sleep..?
me: you wanna build something tomorrow?
jason: ..a potato gun?
me: a shoe shelf!
jason: ...
me: ...
jason: ...sure...
me: okay good night.

i mean, how hard could it be? Jesus was a carpenter, and hey, if He could do it..

so we started on our project 12 hours later. when i told my brother we were gonna go build it, he went upstairs to get changed. then he went up to his room to get changed and runs back down the stairs.

jason: okay let's go.
me: ..where we going?
jason: aren't we gonna go buy supplies and stuff?
me: no, we're going into the freakin' garage!

so we got all our supplies from the deepest darkest corners of our garage. made use of every tool we could get our hands on, including a hammer, hand saw, electric drill, circular saw, you name it we probably tried to use it.

that was the hardest day of work in my life. you can ask my brother to confirm, i was sweating more than shaq. we could have filled up maybe 10 buckets and used it as emergency firewater or something. even the fan that we dragged in there didn't make much of a difference. BUT 10 pounds lighter and a sore arm later, it was done, and boy was it worth it. it might be stinkin' ugly to you, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so to me, it is f'n b-e-a-yootiful.


if it looks like the shoe shelf is leaning to the right and about to collapse, it's because it is. HOWEVER, it has been 4 days and the shelf is still up and running, mind you.

oh, and no, the shelf is NOT for sale.

P.S. that pikachu is holding up that 2nd rack of shoes. literally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home