Monday, June 18, 2007

the people have spoken

and apparently everyone wants a post. or more cowbell, i forget.

kenya was amazing. i've sent out an email to all my supporters, but if i happened to miss you or you haven't heard anything yet, i'll just share this one story with you here. kind of a sneak peek. and then you can decide whether or not you want to ask or pay for more.

Robert's Vision

The team had the opportunity to visit a village near Jinja, which is the source of the Nile River. Once there, we were asked if everyone on the team was saved. We said yes, then we were paired up, given the help of a translator, and sent off. Simple as pie.

I have to admit it was a bit overwhelming at first because we were all taken by surprise. I was introduced to the people I met as a "preacher from America," which was kind of weird until I realized I was a preacher from America. I ended up meeting a man named Robert, who was hanging out at the village pub. When he saw me and Sarah, he immediately told us about a dream he had the day before about the two of us arriving in his village and said he was ready to follow Jesus. So we started talking, and eventually Robert led us to his home, where we met and prayed with his family.

It was amazing being a witness to Robert committing his life to God, but it was even more amazing knowing that God had once again gone ahead of me to pave the way.



well there ya go. and a picture to boot!

for those of you who have already read this story, i can't let you walk away feeling shortchanged, can i? so here's a picture for ya'll.


i am currently in hong kong, just fyi. so if anyone is or will be in the area, gimme a holler.

more posts to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home