Saturday, January 25, 2003

what a day!
well, this morning, i went to work at about 10 AM.
my legs were STILL sore from running 2 DAYS ago..
but anyways, i got to work, and then my manager said he needed to talk to me..

so i went with him to another room, and then he says to me "hey, i dont want you working for me anymore. you're fired!"
i then quickly responded "you can't FIRE me!! i QUIT!!" and threw a pitcher of water at him.

..alrite fine. it wasnt THAT dramatic..but hey, i bet i had ya goin there for a while =P
basically, what happened is this:
my boss wanted me to work a couple of sunday's every month. fyi, i have only been working every saturday from 10-4, which is basically the slowest time for the restaurant. so he told me that he needed me to help out with sunday too. ive already told him before that i couldnt work sundays cuz of church, so i knew he really needed my help. he was actually pretty much doing me a favor by keeping me on the staff this long, so i told him no thanks, but ill finish working today and thats it.

it was a nice departure for me, i guess. he told me that if i ever wanted to work for him again, all i would hafta do is ask. hes a pretty nice guy..hes the one who hooked me up with the $46 dollar rockets tickets a while back.

the funny thing is, a mere 10 minutes after the conversation, i did something that probably would have made him consider firing me.
hehe you see, in the kitchen, there is a huge dispenser for ketchup. the old bag had run out, so my boss told me to put in a new bag. i had done this several times before, but somehow, i simply stopped thinking. i hung the bag up, and for some unknown reason, i took off the cap.

to my HORROR, ketchup began pouring out of the bag onto the floor. it was a red waterfall of ketchup!! iono why, but, i couldnt think of anything to do. so for about 5 seconds, ketchup just kept leaking onto the floor, while i just sat there staring at it like an idiot. finally, with about half the bag of ketchup splattered on the floor, i realized that i could just cap it again, so i did. haha and then the funniest part: my boss walked back into the kitchen and saw the mess. omg it was so weird for about 10 seconds. he showed no emotion on his face, so i didnt know whether to smile, laugh, cry, or simply run away. in the end, i just smiled, muttered "my bad," and then started cracking up. hahaha i could NOT stop laughing. lol but then i quickly cleaned up the 4 pounds of ketchup off the ground, and all was well once again.

now i am just another unemployed chump..
and loving it so far!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home