Thursday, November 27, 2003

Unashamed Love

You're calling me to lay aside the worries of my day
To quiet down my busy mind find a hiding place
Worthy worthy
Open up my heart & let my spirit worship Yours
I open up my mouth & let a song of praise come forth
Worthy You are worthy
Of a childlike faith & of my honest praise & of my unashamed love
Of a holy life & of my sacrifice & of my unashamed love


what a beautiful day in the neighborhood. seriously. it was such a beautiful day. sunny, but not hot and steamy. a bit windy, but not too much. and surprisingly enough, i think this is the first time ive ever seen the sugar land humidity level BELOW 99%. awesomeness.

so what to do with sucha beautiful day? well, for one thing, i got up SUPER early, all by myself!!

..ok i lied. i got a little help from a phone call from ophelia. ok fine. 3 phone calls. but i only heard one. anyways, got a ride from deborah to go to it's a grind for the first time in my 19+ years of life today, and i must say that i was pleasantly surprised. the place has got a nice comfy feel to it. nice and cozy, ya know?

so anyhow, at about 12, i leave with my family to go to where else? yeah, that's right, baby. KIM SON for DIM SUM. don't give me them jealous looks.

when i got home from the restaurant, jason and i spent about 2 hours outside playing ball of some sort (basketball, football). then i got the awesome idea of lying down in the shade cuz it was nice and cool, ya know? so i did, and to my dismay, the grass didn't feel too nice. especially when i got up, cuz you know that itchy feeling you get when you get up after lying around in the grass? em, ok. well, I do.

so i went inside the house and fetched me a blanket. jason gave me a funny look as i set up the blanket in the shade and lied down, but before long, he had a blanket set up right next to mine. yes, i am a genius. anyhow, it was amazing just lying there outside and staring at the sky. i've never seen it so blue. there wasn't a single cloud in sight. *sigh it's not everyday that you get a chance to really escape all the noise of your everyday lives and just spend some time enjoying something as simple and beautiful as nature. when i go back to UT, or at least sometime next semester, remind me to take an afternoon and go to the field of dreams and see if it produces the same effect, cuz man, lying outside today was awesome. SO awesome that i fell asleep. for an hour and a half, i might add. ah, best nap i've had...all year! and that's saying a lot.

ok gotta hurry up cuz jennifer needs the comp. man, i miss my computer. i never have to fight for the computer up at UT =P anyhow, so my cousins come over at about 4:30 and we have our 2nd annual "mok's vs everyone else" basketball game. duh, the MOK'S won. and don't even start whining about home-court advantage, cuz that's got nothin' to do with it.

lalala next came dinner. yummy! enough said.

and now it's after dinner. and i am here. typing this up. so you are now up to date with the life of jonathan mok, you lucky goose you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home