Wednesday, February 21, 2007

i want a baby

i am convinced it is almost impossible to watch this video without at least smiling once.
what a good break from work.

speaking of babies, the senior manager at my job here has a wife who is pregnant with their first child. it's very exciting. but you know what's more exciting? adding gambling to the equation.

so last week we took $5 wagers around the office of the specific time of birth as well as the baby's measurements.

here's my winning ticket:

2/22/07
5:01 pm
7 lb 6 oz
22 inches

i really have no knowledge of babies at all, so i just picked numbers that are familiar to me, such as the fact that yao ming is 7'6". either way, i'm pretty gosh darn confident in my answers -- easiest $50 i will ever make in my life.

yesterday i asked my senior manager if he would let me name his son once i won the bet.

he chuckled.

i stood there for another 10 seconds until i realized the conversation was over, and then i walked back to my cube.

i'm still not sure what that response meant, so maybe i'll ask him again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home